Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More on the Cruise...and other stuff

Things have been moving at warp speed around here lately. Happens every year - most of my shows are at the end of the year, including the Michigan Renaissance Festival which opened last weekend. But don't worry - there are still 6 more weekends to partake! I will probably write a post about what you can expect next week. That will still leave 5 weeks which is the time most people come anyway.

This year I am also gearing up to participate in an artist's co-operative at the Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi. The expected opening is October 1. More on that as it gets closer.

Last weekend my daughter was offered a job in Maryland. Naturally she wanted to check out the area first. Since it was last minute she couldn't get any of her friends to go. Not wanting her to undertake the 9 1/2 hr each way drive (with no stops!) alone, I volunteered to go with her. My husband took over my duties at the Renn Faire and we left at 4 AM - got to the place where the job was and due to circumstances beyond any one's control they had to rescind the offer. Now what? We had all these plans to explore - not really needed anymore - so I figured since we were in Maryland we should go out for a crab dinner. Found a place (not really tough there) and got to take out some of our aggression out on the crabs with the wooden mallet the restaurant gave us. After dinner we came home - arrived at 3:30 AM! Long way to go for crab. But I did learn 2 things : yes, I CAN be cooped up with my daughter for 24 hrs and not kill each other and occasionally I can do silly things like I did in my 20's!


But for the CRUISE NEWS! Anyone on the fence....PRINCESS IS HAVING A SALE!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!! And it applies to anyone who already booked! There will be round table discussions, how to sell on eBay, Digital photography, and fashion do's & don'ts classes, artist trunk show and special fashion show, not to mention all the great Caribbean ports we will be stopping at in the middle of February (it's already getting cold here) ! You may come knowing no one, but you will leave with many new friends! Like I have said before, this will be my third one and I can not wait! Any questions??? Feel free to contact me or go to the website for more info.
Last years crew - having a good time at the open bar cocktail party!

No comments: