Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ann Arbor Art Fair

Well, another Ann Arbor Art Fair is over! And this one was wonderful! The weather could not have been any better- sunny and coolish every day with only one brief shower! That makes it SO much nicer for everyone!

And the best news - almost everyone I talked to had a good, solid show - no dancing in the aisles, but the show was as good or better than most thought it would be! And I am hearing more or less the same reports from friends doing shows around the country. Being an artist is truly in the economic trenches - it doesn't get much simpler than making something and having someone else buy it. So, I truly believe it when the media is reporting that we have bottomed out on the economy and are climbing back out - things are on the upswing!

I wish my camera hadn't died just before the show, but luckily nothing too out of the ordinary happened. Hopefully, I will be able to fix it in the next few weeks and have some pictures showing what I am working on! I am doing another loom shibori piece and working on some complex dye cloths. In the meantime I need to get another warp on the loom and start weaving.

No comments: