Friday, July 31, 2009

One Amazing Woman - a customer portrait


Busy week trying to restock the basics after the Ann Arbor show. Good problem to have.

Earlier this week one of my customers sent me a link to her blog where she is wearing the float she bought from me at the show. I love it when customers do that! (hint, hint)
But, Sue, really has honored me. You see, she has been through the chemo tunnel. and this is her first picture taken with no wig! I think she looks adorable. When I create a piece I always hope that it will bring joy to the wearer and make her feel wonderful. I am honored she chose my work for her 'coming out' party! When I went on to read a bit more about her life I found out that she is an amazing woman. Mother of 3, Grandmother of 1 she worked many years as a medicinal chemist. When she 'retired' she didn't just sit at home - no, this woman enrolled in an Italian immersion program and lived in an Italian monastery for 5 weeks in a hill town - Population: 310 . She has also traveled to France, Spain and England.
I am sure her blog has uplifted and inspired many.
Here is the link to her blog if you would like to read more: http://www.suzannekesten2.blogspot.com/ and the post that my work is in is titled "Waiting for guests".

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I agree that Sue looks great, i follow her blog and really feel i know the lovely lady.

The float is gorgrous, a big well done to you.

You doing any shows in the North East of England by any chance/ ;-) x

Debbi said...

Sorry, Tracey, right now I only have shows scheduled for the USA. However, I have had customers from around the world. Feel free to visit my web site www.Artweardesign.com
or contact me via email at
Artweardesign@Comcast.net

Debbi